Dictionary English - German ADVANCED by PONS
A comprehensive dictionary with 775,000 headwords, phrases and translations
Do you talk to German or English friends in your spare time? Do you read or write in German or English in a wide range of subjects – privately or even professionally? Do you deal with German or English-speaking partners in your everyday working life?
Then the PONS Dictionary English - German ADVANCED is the perfect tool for you!
About the contents:
• German => English and English => German: around 315,000 headwords and phrases and more than 460,000 translations
• With current vocabulary ranging from everyday language to modern specialist terminology
• With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
• With info boxes for culture, country and people
• With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
• Everything at a glance: From the App home page you can access the search field, and search hits, your favourites and history – without having to switch between different views.
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click/tap (for uninflected words). Access linked entries, equally with just one click/tap.
• With the full-text search you can look through the entire dictionary text, including example sentences.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers.
• Frequently used words can be marked as favourites.
• Thanks to the History function you can access words you have already looked up with just one click or tap.
• The ‘Search’ function in the Charm bar enables you to start a search in the app from any programme and at any time. The language detection feature always automatically selects the right language combination.
• The app allows you to share information and contents:
o The currently opened dictionary entry can be sent to other apps as text or – vice versa – text from other apps can be received by the dictionary app.
o The received text is displayed in a special window in which you can click or tap individual words to have the dictionary entry displayed right away (only for uninflected words).
• The dynamic layout means that the app can be used on all kinds of different screen sizes.
• The docking feature enables two apps to be positioned side by side (Snap view or Fill view) and run at the same time.