The best tool to write TeX/LaTeX document & the best friend of academics
LawTeX provides an integrated environment to compose, compile LaTeX documents to DVI files, and view the DVI result.
* Much goodness of TeX: Like MiKTeX a.k.a. the standard TeX distribution for Windows PC, LawTeX can identify missing packages and offer to download missing ones. It supports many major engine-independent macro packages such as xypic, amsthm, babel, algorithmics, preprint, etc. on CTAN while packages for modern fonts such as true type, open type fonts or those depending on other engines (e.g. moderncv requires pdfTeX) are not available.
* Highly optimized editor: Our LaTeX editor features a highly optimized editor, implemented in C++ using Direct X (the native graphic engines for Windows featured in most video games). It supports typical editing tools such as Undo/Redo, Cut/Copy/Paste, Selection, Go to line, Find/Replace/Replace All using regular expression, Line numbering, etc.
* Productivity: support code completion.
* Exceptional performance: Unlike MiKTeX, the memory footprint of this app is minute. The app is roughly 2MB in download size, roughly 10MB when installed compared to 300-450MB basic MiKTeX installation, discounting the packages. In addition, the document and temporary files are kept entirely in RAM so it not only makes compilation faster but also avoids wasting precious write cycles of your SSD and SD card. Unlike typical TeX editor which compile documents by executing TeX engines in external processes, LawTeX processes the source document within the app so there is no delay due to reloading the TeX engines, resources, etc. between compilations. The memory (RAM) usage is smaller than typical editor such as TeX Maker.
* TeX on the go: available across your Windows 10 PC, tablet and Windows 10 mobile phones. The user interface is designed to make it easy to work on all these devices. For example: keyboard shortcuts on PC/tablet with physical keyboard; on-screen context menu to perform typical editing actions like Cut/Copy/Paste and text selection.
This app registers .tex file extension so you can pick it as default app to open your LaTeX documents.
As a good practice, make sure that you save your document frequently. There is no guarantee that this app does not crash or some unfortunate event does not happen.
LawTeX does not aim to replace other TeX distributions. It works best for academic papers but not fancy TeX features, to write the document. For publication, one still needs traditional pdfTeX to generate high qualify printable output.
* Keyboard shortcut:
- Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V for cut/copy/paste
- Ctrl+A to select the whole text
- Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y for undo/redo
- Ctrl+T to compile document
- Ctrl+S to save document
- Ctrl+F to open Find/replace panel, Ctrl+G to open Go to line panel
- Esc can be used to close a panel [but only when you focus on the editor]
* The size of the document is limited to 1MB
* Currently cannot enter 'tab' character
220.127.116.11 Support multiple documents; add option to auto-compile and auto-save periodically; First release for Windows 10 Mobile with customized user interface, back pressed handling, ...
18.104.22.168 Support non-US-English keyboard; implement literal (non-regex) search; fix editor font settings
22.214.171.124 Fix insertion of pipe | character, minor UI revamp such as displaying file name, and many other bug fixes such as crashing after resuming from lock screen and "Find next" not jumping to the location where the text is found
126.96.36.199 First universal app release for Windows 10
- Edit your TeX/LaTeX documents with a fully syntax highlight editor
- Compile TeX/LaTeX documents to DVI
- Preview and export the generated DVI file
- View compilation log and errors
- Automatically find missing package and hint user to download
- Continuum ready -- use the app on phone as well as the big screen