Microsoft Project Siena (code name) is a breakthrough technology that enables your business experts, analysts and imagineers to create transformative business apps. With Siena, they can now build custom apps with rich visuals, filled with custom intelligence and functionality, with no programming required.
Place some visuals on a canvas, hook them up to your data, then customize how your app looks and works. Write Excel-like expressions to power your app with special logic and intelligence. No programming required.
Here are some examples of the kinds of apps people have been building:
• Apps for consuming information, for example, product catalogs, video-based lesson plans
• Apps for on-the-spot decisions, for example, adjusting insurance claims, accessorizing outfits
• Apps for tasks that involve capturing pictures, audio, handwriting and other real world input
The best way to learn Siena is to visit http://microsoft.com/projectsiena, watch a tutorial video, download a sample app for inspiration, and then build your own. You can use your Siena app immediately or publish to share with your colleagues and customers.
- Conceptualize, validate and build your app ideas as easily as editing a document
- Connect to corporate data and web services
- Compose rich interactive visuals and media to create custom, unique apps
- Add business logic and intelligence using the power of Excel-like expressions
- Use the app yourself, share with colleagues or with the world