RPN Scientific is a scientific Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) calculator based on the venerable Hewlett Packard 10C scientific calculator. This version is still supported, but Windows 10 users should consider switching to RPN Scientific X, which works on Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and phones. This older version was designed especially for Windows 8.1 and has been tested in Windows 10. It is free, does not contain any advertisements, and does not collect information about you or your computer.
RPN Scientific performs most of the 10C’s math functions. It has a 1,000 level stack and supports ten store and recall memory locations which are saved when the app is closed. Version 3.0 supports keyboard input, as well as mouse and touch inputs.
RPN Scientific provides fixed, scientific, general, and currency number formats with country-specific number grouping and decimal separators.
The application shows results of numerical operations in a separate “tape” window. This is useful for making sure the entries were correct. Tape entries can be cleared and copied to the clip board.
RPN Scientific also supports a special “sum” function for quickly adding a group of numbers together. It also calculates the average of the group and its standard deviation.
- Calculations are performed with double precision accuracy.
- Fourteen basic mathematical functions are provided, ranging from 1/x to inverse trigonometric functions.
- Accepts keyboard, mouse, and touch inputs
- Supports fixed, scientific, general, and currency formats with user-specified display accuracy.
- Tape feature shows each mathematical operation
- Sum feature allows rapid entry of numbers for addition and documents process in tape window.
- Complete state of application, including stack and storage registers saved when application closes
- Free with no adds
- Does not gather information about you or your computer
- Clear button erases all tape entries, copy button places then on the clip board
- Supports country-specific number group and decimal separators and currency formats