Ever wanted to share data off your computer with other devices? With other people? Sending emails is popular, but has its limitations (size limitations, the fact that you don't necessarily know the email you want to send to. The fact that you have to go through the email client to save the data etc) and using USB keys is SO 2002... On top of that, most transfer methods mean that the data will
ShareTo: Any Device is a great little utility that lets you share data from your Windows 8 PC/Tablet to any device that knows how to:
1. Show a web-page.
2. Read a QR code.
3. Keep the share panel open until you are done with sharing.
The process is simple -
1. Using the Windows 8 share charm in any application and select "ShareTo: Any Device".
2, Click "Share"
3. You will get a QR code in the share panel - scan it with your mobile device or with your tablet or computer and you will get a web-page that contains the relevant information.
[Note: You can also run the app directly and share the clipboard or files off your computer]
Works with Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, iPad, Android Tablets, Windows RT tablets, Windows 8 Pro and probably most other devices.
Note that data is not uploaded to the service - it stays on your computer and on the device you transfer to.
- No upload phase. Data is available on the web only for as long as your share-panel is open.
- Share with any device that can read a QR code and has a browser.
- Will share files, URIs, html, text and bitmaps.