SkyORB is a fast and lightweight astronomy app including a 3D star map, 3D planetarium, ephemeris with notifications, search engine, sun clock, point to sky, weather, and more.
"We love SkyORB because it not only offers 3D images of the planets and the stars in the sky, along with comets and asteroids, but it also comes a 'point to sky' feature that allows you to aim your handset towards a star or planet and it'll identify it for you. "
- PC Advisor
SkyORB features many functions as a 3D real-time representation of the planets position around the sun, warn the user when a phenomenon is occurs as a full moon, a planet really visible, which is worth the observation. The app also features an interactive 3D visualization of the stellar neighbourhood, including over 100000 nearby stars, and 3D visualization of the Milky Way.
Free with in-app purchase for premium upgrade including:
• Monthly updates,
• More information displayed,
• Live tiles without reminders,
• More view unlocked,
• Screenshot and full screen without UI available,
• And much more!
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out our Twitter page:
Check out the app website for more information, documentation, videos and more at
- Fast and lightweight.
- a 3D real-time planetarium with photo-realistic rendering,
- Comets and satellites positions, with update from the Web for latest entries,
- Weather forecast from current location
- Ephemeris including next 60 days astronomy events, including peak day of meteors showers, date of planet elongation and opposition. Including live tiles support.
- Display day/night terminator on a world map,
- Powerful universal search engine: type few letter and find a matching nebula
- Moon phases with dates, including rise and set times
- Ability to simulate the sky from any place in the world and even from other planet like Mars
- Ability to move fast forward and backward in time
- Enhanced for Direct3D 11, support for 4K display.
- 3D visualization of the stellar neighbourhood and Milky Way
- Surface Dial support for zooming and planet selection