We're out to create a great, general purpose, Bible Study app for Windows 8. And you can help us do that. This FREE app helps the Bible student learn and explore the Bible with several Bibles and selected core Bible study reference materials. Check it out and give us your suggestions! We've already made several improvements from your feedback—Thank you!
There is a “Tips” panel under Settings with some helpful hints to get you started quickly.
This app uses the Search Charm for both quick jumps to passages as well as a basic word search. It also features “finger friendly” lookups of cross references in resources. You don't have to precisely tap any given verse reference. The app will grab and display in a popup all references in a paragraph with a single tap anywhere in that paragraph. If there are over 10 or so, it will grab them in groups of 10 or so—just tap anywhere in those groups.
For passages, the Toolbox automatically collects, synchronizes and displays all relevant commentary articles on the same page as the passage. For any selected verse, the app automatically lists relevant Bible topics and lexical forms pertaining to that verse. A quick tap to select from the list and the app collects all relevant articles from all topical and lexical resources and puts them on the same page. Bookmarks and verse notes are supported as well.
Use the Share charm to send selected text to friends.
You can choose your background and color scheme from: Red, Green, Blue, Dark, Light, Plain Dark and Plain Light. And set your font size from: Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.
• The New American Standard (NASB)
• King James (KJV)
• King James 1611 (AV1611)
• American Standard Version (ASV)
• Darby Bible (Darby)
• Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
Resources - Commentary:
• Jamieson, Fausset, Brown Commentary
• Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
• Matthew Henry~-'s Commentary on the Whole Bible
• Gray's Concise Bible Commentary
• Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
• Vincent's Word Studies in the NT
Resources - Topical:
• Smith's Bible Dictionary
• International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Torrey's New Topical Textbook
Resources - Lexical:
• Strong's Enhanced Hebrew / Aramaic Dictionary
• Strong's Enhanced Greek Dictionary
• Souter's Pocket NT Lexicon
• Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament
And it's all FREE!¹
¹ We do appreciate encouragement. If you like the app, in the About panel in Settings there is an OPTIONAL $1.99 donation. And please don't forget to tell thousands of your very closest friends about the app. Thank you!
- Share charm support
- Search also works on user verse notes
- No internet connection needed after installation.
- Among other things, that means it's FAST!)
- FREE! No signup required—all features fully enabled.