Best Windows 8 Apps
28 August 2016
The sharpness, gamma and vertical scroll modes set this application apart from all others.
20 June 2015
I've tried most of the ones available in the app store. This is the best, hands-down. Very customizable. You can even set the zoom to whatever you want. Most importantly, the image-enhancing features, like sharpen and saturation, make comics look much, much better on low-end tablets. I'm so glad I found this.
14 April 2015
11 March 2015
The application is excellent. But I propose that the next update will add the password feature.
13 February 2015
그냥 짱 좋습니다. 단, 일본어로 표시된다는게 좀 문제네요.
25 December 2014
15 December 2014
Wow, this is now the only PDF viewer I need. Fast, organized, customizable, and a pleasure to read magazines or books on. I wish only that it could open epub and mobi documents so I would never need to read on another app!
8 July 2014
I use this for reading and organizing PDFs spread across several locations. The layout on an SP3 is great, and I dig the autocrop - although I would kill for two things (and pay for, hint hint!)
1) Onedrive/Dropbox integration
2) Custom crops for odd/even pages that apply to a full PDF
These are two of my favorite features on Goodreader (iPad App).
5 July 2014
I use this for reading PDF versions of my books and magazines. Hope to see the author add support for PDF table of contents and searching in PDFs.
4 July 2014
It works as intended, and is a very good competitor to Cover, another comic reader app that I also love.
Compared to other readers, Pico Viewer has an interesting faux-wood style that reminds me of the ones the iPad has in its iBook app. While it is not a bad look, I felt that the bright colors aren't for me and I would've preferred to be able to have variations on the bookshelf style, like darker wood or single solid colors.
One thing Pico Viewer has down over many other comic viewers is the deep customization options. This includes careful arrangement of your comic library and custom labels for a shelf, folders, and comics. Inside an actual book, the reader even features real-time image enhancements to enrich the experience of reading on a tablet, and a wide assortment of reading experiences like continuous scrolling or two page spreads.
For the price of $2.99, it wouldn't be crazy to buy one of the best apps the Windows Store has to offer.
20 March 2014
Good app with all the good characteristics. Nice UI, good performance and A LOT of features! The features might be a bit intimidating to some. Would have liked to have a way to change the color scheme. Orange is not really my thing. Overall magnificent app.
5 March 2014
Great reader, best one out as far as viewing AND organizing. No concerns and well worth the price. Only request would be ability to store folder groups within a folder heading, but essentially this is the best out there, hands down.
4 March 2014
- It's not perfectly eye-candy but since I use it to read manga, as long as it's not an eyesore, I don't really care.
- It's not too complicated to use but not too simple to get a hang of. I can get used to it after a few uses though.
- Here is where it's won me over. You can view images in many useful modes: infinite vertical view, infinite horizontal view, etc. What I like the most is how it automatically combine 2 pages horizontally. When there's a page that's already manually joined, it'll leave that page as a single image. You can also read from-right-to-left, and use "Read next book" to read the next chapter without having to rebrowse the file, assuming you have all the chapters of the manga in 1 folder already named in order.
Overall: this is a perfect program for reading manga or comic offline. Best I've ever found around here.