Nominated for the best iOS assistive app and developer of the year in 2017 by AppleVis
Award winning text to speech app, the only in the Store that is built as a professional work in more than four years of frequent updates. It can read aloud web pages, browse web pages and RSS feeds in an interactive way with remote controls, documents, books and emails for you while you are doing something else.
The app can create a speech or an MP3 file* just by sharing an internet page or pasting its link from any of the languages that support text to speech on your device (for a PC there are 17 of them for other devices 7). It can also read Microsoft Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx), PDF and many other text file and e-book formats (.epub, .fb2, DAISY) and turn them into the speech. MP3 files can be automatically or manually transferred to any folder (e.g. a USB disk or mobile phone, or a local Dropbox or OneDrive folder) to be read aloud later.
The app was tested to be accessible by legally blind users. For people with visual impairments and related disabilities this can be a great assistive technology with many features built specifically for them (Bookshare service integration, DAISY text book format, many keyboard shortcuts, dyslexia friendly font option).
There are many unique features that can't be found in other apps:
- background audio playing and buffering for better quality of speech
- interactive browsing of the web headlines with remote controls (wireless keyboard with media buttons, headphones with media buttons, Bluetooth hands-free, Xbox remote control).
- playlist support
- creation of MP3 speeches on the PC (unlimited length)
- multi-language support with the auto language detection
- professional design with custom animations and system integration (fluent design, live tiles, system audio player, view that accommodates to the window size, special views like full screen mode and compact overlay mode)
- knowledge base tools to keep the track of your work
- log in to web sites
- widest range of import sources
- attention to details like the announcing of the text length, finding the best place when going forward or rewind, pausing the play if the menu is opened, tagging of MP3 files, the customization of those details...
- SSML support for professionals
- support for advanced hardware - touch gestures, pen commands, Surface Dial, HoloLens, Xbox
- Windows 10 Mobile support
- the app won many awards from Microsoft including that it was featured in the official Best of 2014 collection
- OCR - camera to speech
- Cortana integration
Reinvent your life, if you are busy cut the time you spend in front of the screen and listen to the news articles, documents and e-books while you are commuting, jogging or doing housework.
- Screenshots are for the Windows 10 version of the app.
- Xbox doesn't support .pdf files
- MP3 files are supported only on the PC
- The app was previously called Share to Speech
- Share a link, text or a selection, .docx, .pdf, .pptx, .epub, .fb2, .rtf, .odt, .odp, .txt file from any app into the speech
- App intelligently detects language and reads only parts of the internet (web) page that contains useful text
- Create MP3 files using text to speech (PC only)
- Browse the web using Headlines - interactively add articles while titles are read
- Read emails from Office Outlook using a plugin (beta)
- Use Now Speaking, MP3 and Archive sections to organize and quickly access your articles, documents and e-books in a beautiful interface
- See the text in the that is being read aloud and click on the paragraph to start reading from it
- Share items you like with other apps (e.g. Mail or Facebook)
- Use Paste from Clipboard to add items from applications that don't support share with help of Paste Assistant
- Drag and drop files to the window to create a new speech or MP3 file
- Annotate texts by bookmaring paragraphs and items by marking them as favorite
- Complete Windows 10 experience with Live Tiles, resizable windows, taskbar jumplists, Cortana, ink input
- Integration with File explorer to open text files (including Microsoft Office Word and Powerpoint) with this app
- Easily find previous items in the Archive using filters and search